Important Information & Resources regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated - March 23, 2020
SG/PRC is here to support our community while ensuring we are following the guidance and direction of the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), and state and local health departments during this time and in response to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our priority is always the protection of the health and safety of every person we support. We urge you to follow the recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other officials to please stay home if you are sick. Additionally, the Governor of California has issued a directive urging seniors and people with chronic health conditions to isolate themselves at home as a preventative measure to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Please remember to wash your hands regularly, cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing with a tissue and throw it away, wash your hands again, and wipe down hard surfaces to reduce the risk of exposure to this disease.
OFFICE HOURS & CLOSURE OF BUILDING ACCESS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
In this uncertain and challenging time, our agency is dedicated to supporting the individuals and families we serve. In an effort to protect the health of our staff members and limit their potential exposure to the Coronavirus, our staff members are available to meet the needs of individuals served and their families remotely.
Due to the current “Stay At Home” order issued by Governor Newsom, please be informed that effective, Tuesday, March 24, 2020 our office will be closing the doors to our building to the general public until further notice.
We will do our very best to continue to keep our scheduled appointments, but will not allow “walk-ins” into our building. For precautionary measures, anyone coming into our building with a scheduled appointment will be asked to go through a brief screening process before entering our premises.
Our business hours continue to be from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, you may call our main number for emergencies at 909-620-7722 anytime 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. Please be assured that SG/PRC will maintain our twenty-four (24) hour emergency response system to assist the individuals we serve, families and vendor community.
GOVERNOR GAVIN NEWSOM ISSUES STAY AT HOME ORDER
SACRAMENTO – March 19, 2020 - Governor Gavin Newsom issued a stay at home order to protect the health and well-being of all Californians and to establish consistency across the state in order to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- How long will we stay home?
This goes into effect on Thursday, March 19, 2020. The order is in place until further notice.
- What can I do? What’s open?
Essential services will remain open such as:
- Gas stations
- Food: Grocery stores, farmers markets, food banks, convenience stores, take-out and delivery restaurants
- Laundromats/laundry services
- Essential state and local government functions will also remain open, including law enforcement and offices that provide government programs and services
- What’s closed?
- Dine-in restaurants
- Bars and nightclubs
- Entertainment venues
- Gyms and fitness studios
- Public events and gatherings
- Convention Centers
- Where does this apply?
This is in effect throughout the State of California.
To read the full order from Governor Newsom, CLICK HERE
SG/PRC has either cancelled or postponed most of our public meetings and training events through the end April. Please check our website for the status of a particular meeting or training you may have planned on attending.
NOTE: All SG/PRC Board and related Committee meetings will not be cancelled, however they will be temporarily adapted to video-conference to maintain distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak. All scheduling for such video-conferenced meetings will remain at their regularly scheduled times. As a meeting approaches of the Board or one its Committees, a link and associated instructions on how to join the video-conferenced meeting will be provided on the SG/PRC website, so please check back on the site for this information. You will need to have internet access to participate in the Board/Committee meetings (and a computer, smart phone, or e-tablet) during this adaptation. The SG/PRC Board and Committee members will also receive this information via email in advance of meetings.
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) recognizes that the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has created the need for regional centers to be flexible in order to support the individuals they serve for their safety, as well as the safety of the general population. Therefore, DDS has waived certain requirements of the Lanterman Act and the California Early Intervention Act and/or certain provisions of Title 17 of the California Code of Regulations.
The Department has issued the following directives that may impact the method of service delivery to the individuals we serve for Early Start and for services to individuals over the age of 3:
- March 25, 2020: Guidance for Admissions and Discharges from State-Operated Facilities
- March 25, 2020: Guidance for Eligibility, In-Home Respite Workers and Family Fees
- March 25, 2020: Guidance for Reporting Incidents Related to COVID-19
- March 23, 2020: Guidance for Immediate Risk Management Strategies for ARFPSHN and ICF/DD-CN
- March 23, 2020: Guidance for Visits to Licensed Residential Facilities
- March 20, 2020: Guidance for Regional Center Requests for Placement into Licensed Residential Settings
- March 20, 2020: Guidance for Fingerprint Clearance and Exemption Transfers
- March 18, 2020: Guidance for Flexibility in Provision of Services and Supports for Consumers and Providers
- March 18, 2020: Guidance for Regional Center Monitoring Staff and Activities
- March 12, 2020: Guidance for Regional Centers to Pay Vendors for Absences as a Result of COVID-19
- March 12, 2020: Guidance for Waiving Requirements for In-Person Eligibility, Services, or Individual Program Plan Meetings and Authority to Regional Centers for Health & Safety Waiver Exemptions
- March 12, 2020: Guidance for Consumers in a Day Program at High Risk for Serious Illness to Stay Home
GENERAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to publish and update guidance for preventing the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID -19) in the community. They are strongly recommending that for the next 8 weeks, all meetings and events that consists of 50 people or more be postponed or canceled.
Please refer to the following websites for resources and the latest updates:
- CDC website at cdc.gov
- DDS website at dds.ca.gov
- Department of Public Health at cdph.ca.gov
- County of Los Angeles FAQ https://lacounty.gov/covid19/frequently-asked-question
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) in California covid19.ca.gov
- Coronavirus.Gov https://www.coronavirus.gov
- Easy-To-Read Booklet about the Coronavirus (From SARTAC). Written by and for people with developmental disabilities
- Support for Individuals with Autism in Uncertain Times https://afirm.fpg.unc.edu/supporting-individuals-autism-through-uncertain-times
Tips for Homeschooling https://apple.news/AXIs-0_4AQBKOfL0OIHJzhQ
- Department of Mental Health https://dmh.lacounty.gov/covid-19-information
For Families - 909-868-7644
For Service Providers - 909-784-6739
Información en Español
Tratamiento de Salud Conductual - Guia en Español
RESOURCES FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS
- SURVEY REQUEST FOR N95 MASKS - PLEASE CLICK HERE
- ESSENTIAL WORKERS CLASSIFICATION
- Statewide Waivers for Licensing Requirements Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Guidance Documents: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Community Care Licensing Division Provider Information Notices, Adult and Senior Care (ASC) Program
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Center for Health Care Quality All Facilities Letters
- ****SPECIAL ALERTS SECTION FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS***** - This section is for announcements of special meetings, important alerts and other information for our vendor community.