Last update: April 24, 2020
SG/PRC is here to support our community while ensuring we are following the guidance and direction of the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), and state and local health departments during this time and in response to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our priority is always the protection of the health and safety of every person we support. We urge you to follow the recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other officials to please stay home if you are sick. Additionally, the Governor of California has issued a directive urging seniors and people with chronic health conditions to isolate themselves at home as a preventative measure to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Please remember to wash your hands regularly, cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing with a tissue and throw it away, wash your hands again, and wipe down hard surfaces to reduce the risk of exposure to this disease.
OFFICE HOURS & CLOSURE OF BUILDING ACCESS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
In this uncertain and challenging time, our agency is dedicated to supporting the individuals and families we serve. In an effort to protect the health of our staff members and limit their potential exposure to the Coronavirus, our staff members are available to meet the needs of individuals served and their families remotely.
Due to the current “Stay At Home” order issued by Governor Newsom, please be informed that effective, Tuesday, March 24, 2020 our office will be closing the doors to our building to the general public until further notice.
We will do our very best to continue to keep our scheduled appointments, but will not allow “walk-ins” into our building. For precautionary measures, anyone coming into our building with a scheduled appointment will be asked to go through a brief screening process before entering our premises.
Our business hours continue to be from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, you may call our main number for emergencies at 909-620-7722 anytime 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. Please be assured that SG/PRC will maintain our twenty-four (24) hour emergency response system to assist the individuals we serve, families and vendor community.
GOVERNOR GAVIN NEWSOM ISSUES STAY AT HOME ORDER
SACRAMENTO – March 19, 2020 - Governor Gavin Newsom issued a stay at home order to protect the health and well-being of all Californians and to establish consistency across the state in order to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- How long will we stay home? This goes into effect on Thursday, March 19, 2020. The order is in place until further notice.
- What can I do? What’s open? Essential services will remain open such as:
- Gas stations
- Food: Grocery stores, farmers markets, food banks, convenience stores, take-out and delivery restaurants
- Laundromats/laundry services
- Essential state and local government functions will also remain open, including law enforcement and offices that provide government programs and services
- What’s closed?
- Dine-in restaurants
- Bars and nightclubs
- Entertainment venues
- Gyms and fitness studios
- Public events and gatherings
- Convention Centers
- Where does this apply? This is in effect throughout the State of California.
SG/PRC has temporarily either canceled or postponed most of our public meetings and training events until further notice. Please check our website for the status of a particular meeting or training you may have planned on attending.
Please note: The following public meetings have are still being held, but have been adapted to a video-conference format to maintain social distancing during this Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis.
- Board of Directors & Board Committee Meetings - All Board and Committee meetings will not be canceled. These meetings will remain at their regularly scheduled time and are open to the public. Click here for more information
- SG/PRC Weekly Community Meetings - Please join us for a conversation remotely to discuss how S/GPRC is meeting your needs during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. This meeting will be convened via video-conference due to the necessity to maintain social distancing. Click here for more information
- Weekly Vendor Advisory COVID-19 Meetings - Weekly meeting of the Vendor Advisory Committee regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) related to directives from the Department of Developmental Services and to discuss resource needs for individuals served and their families. Click here for more information
- Self-Determination Local Advisory Meetings - As required by law, each regional center must establish a Local Advisory Committee to ensure effective implementation of the SDP and facilitate the sharing of best practices effective consumer and family training materials, implementation concerns, systemic issues, and ways to enhance the program. Click here for more information
DIRECTIVES FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) recognizes that the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has created the need for regional centers to be flexible in order to support the individuals they serve for their safety, as well as the safety of the general population.
Therefore, DDS has waived certain requirements of the Lanterman Act and the California Early Intervention Act and/or certain provisions of Title 17 of the California Code of Regulations. The Department has issued the directives that may impact the method of service delivery to the individuals we serve for Early Start and for services to individuals over the age of 3 years old. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL DDS DIRECTIVES
GENERAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to publish and update guidance for preventing the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID -19) in the community.
Please refer to the following websites for resources and the latest updates:
SG/PRC SURGE PLAN - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In partnership with the Department of Developmental Services, and SG/PRC service providers, our agency has developed a surge capacity plan to meet the needs of individuals served by SG/PRC. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW SG/PRC SURGE PLAN - FAQs
RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS & FAMILIES
As we navigate through this time, we want to continue to find ways to support the individuals we serve and their families. We will continue to update this section with information and resources in not only the direct support the individuals we serve, but other resources in the community that you may find beneficial.
RESOURCES FOR VENDORS/SERVICE PROVIDERS
- ****SPECIAL ALERTS SECTION FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS***** - Click here for service provider alerts, important announcements, meeting schedules, and other crucial information for our vendor community.